Being a 20 year-old

Dear friend,

I'm writing this under the pre-exam stress. There's an urge in me to put these feeling into words. I am turning 21 in September and I am terrified. On the inside, I sware I am still a teenager. I am graduating end of this year which is equally terrifying. Where did all the time go?

Still going with the flow
I genuinely thought that when I get to a certain age(Maybe now?), I'd know exactly what I want to do. In fact, life doesn't come with a guide book. I am studying so hard for my marketing degree but do I really want to continue in this field. For so many times in my life, I have let fate choose me. Will fate let me down?

Still NOT home
It is tough to cope with the fact that I am away from home. It's not that I am not grateful for this opportunity to be away. I think I am capable of taking care of myself physically. However, nobody warns me about the 3 am cries to the homesickness you can't cure. I truly embrace the freedom and personal space while living alone in Brisbane. So, the question is should I stay or should I go?

Still staying positive
It is so tough to stop comparing myself with others. Instead of panicking for being inadequate, I could be doing something that can contribute to my future success. I have this note on my toilet mirror that says "I'm the captain of my ship and master of my fate. I can do it". I read it every day. Don't you wish that there's really psychic who will tell you exactly what you would be? haha.

Just some midnight thoughts on how life is going for me. But I guess it's a bit like the picture below, it is always how you see life that matters.

Love,
V.







留言

熱門文章