Nostalgia Japan day 2 //Asakusa

Dear friend,

Day two of our trip was probably my most treasured day. 1.We wore beautiful traditional kimonos 2.I didn't charged my camera so I was focused on the actual scenery in front of me.Funny thing about how technology changed our lives that sometimes we use lens to see the world instead of our own eyes.

April,being the month of sakura bloom.It was incredibly hard to rent kimono.I sent at least 5 E-mails. Luckily,my helpful Japanese friend-Kaori recommended a blog post. http://www.qooljan.com/newsandreport/wear-kimono-and-yukata/

The one we went for Sakura Photo Studio.The ladies there was so nice and they even compliments us with their limited Cantonese which was funny.They said "ho leng,ho leng" meaning very pretty.



They include hair styling but not makeup.


My look





Look,that's Tokyo Sky tree from afar.


After getting dressed,we went to Tokyo sky tree by foot which is not a good decision.Those shoes they provided were not meant for walking,girls!It took us at least an hour to walk there simply for the famous grilled eel over rice.




The guide book highly recommended it and the dish itself holds 200 years history.Blah blah~Anyway,we were sold by the book.To be honest,it was a disappointment.It costed so much higher (maybe because of the location in Sky tree)


We had a great time though and the service was excellent.



Then,we walked back to the Kaminarimon to take pictures and look for souvenirs.I bought so postcards of kimono girls and some letter paper with envelopes. One of the biggest goal of this Japan trip was sakura.We were so grateful for some last cherry blossom waited for us and it was so beautiful.



I still dream about standing under those tiny flowers wearing that cream yellow kimono.Feeling very blessed and contented for that amazing creation of God right before me.

So,this is what happened in Asakusa.
Thanks for following me on this Nostalgia journey of Tokyo.

Cheers,
V.

YouTube video click here!

留言

張貼留言

熱門文章